The Walk Against Hunger returns for its 28th year!
Last year more than 1,100 people attended the 5K walk as an individual or as part of a team. This year we are pleased to welcome Ioanis, from The Mill 96.5, as our emcee and to provide the music!
Donors receive a free t-shirt (with $10 minimum donation). Food and beverages will be provided to walkers at the end of the route. Water will be provided to walkers (and their furry friends) at various intervals throughout the route.
11:00 Registration, 12:00 Walk Begins – rain or shine. Walk is at Veteran’s Park, on the corner of Elm and Merrimack Street in Manchester.
- The New Horizons soup kitchen served 73,444 meals.
- The New Horizons food pantry supplemented low income families in Manchester with 12,134 bags of food.
- New Horizons provided shelter to an average of 65 people nightly.
Help Us Raise Funds By….
- Walking as an individual
- Organizing a team and being a team leader (organize your coworkers, friends and family)
- Making a donation
- Sponsoring the event at $5,000, $1,000 or $500 level
- Creating a fundraiser to share with your friends!
Awards will be given to the walker or team who raised the most money to support New Horizons or Angie’s. Be sure to include your company match to double or even triple your contribution. All donations can be counted only once toward the category of your choice. Deadline to submit donations/pledges is May 20, 2018 at noon. Any donation received after this time will not be counted toward award tally. Awards will be given out after the walk concludes. To help kick off the walk, we are available to come to your school, work or organization and give a presentation about New Horizons and the walk.
Join us and the many people committed to ending hunger and homelessness in our community! Register today below or show up the day of the event!
Venue: Veteran's Memorial Park